Behold…the new platform at the WTC station. This project, a decade in the making, is truly world class leadership in a transit station design. Let’s go over the highlights:
- Expensive and functionally useless mezzanine level……Check!
- Long walkway through the station…..Check!
- Kitschy public art displays…..Check!
- Support columns plonked directly in front of stairs and escalators….Check and Check!
- Low hang ceiling above platform…..Check!
- Dangerously narrow platform spaces…..Check!
Bravo Port Authority. Your clever design will surely be replicated all over the country.